Wednesday, March 21, 2012 | | By: Atsushi Sawa

Angel Investors for the Sports Industry vol.2


As discussed on the previous blog post, Mark Cuban and Chris Sacca can be the investors for a venture company in the sports industry. Both of them have been angel investors and helped new businesses. Mark Cuban owns an NBA team, Dallas Mavericks. Chris Sacca is helping younger ages by supporting Tony Hawk Foundation.

On my master’s degree program, I have developed a business plan that is a travel agency specialized in voluntourism for Japanese young ages. Participants of tours will visit local schools in Asian countries and teach sports to local children in order to help educational developments by sports education.



Photo From Forbes
Those 2 experts can be investors of my start-up business to help start-up costs. Moreover, Chris can consult the web technologies on my business because he has expertise in consulting web and mobile technologies. My business is more focused on online sales. Therefore, his expertise can be helpful for my business.

When Mark and Chris get a new business plan, they pay attention to different points. Mark wants to know if this business is well designed enough to make profit. Therefore, as he mentioned, the first paragraph of the business plan is important to catch his attention to the whole business plan. I have changed the first paragraph of my business plan to clarify my business, the unique points of my business, and the structures of making profit.

Photo From Lowercase Capital
On the other hand, Chris is looking for if the entrepreneur identifies the target and knows what problem he is solving. He wants to know more about the entrepreneur than if the business can make money. Therefore, I have edited the mission statement on my business plan into clarify why I want to start this business.

As I mentioned earlier, the first paragraph of the business plan is important to Mark Cuban, and the mission statement is more important to Chris Sacca in order to pitch my business plan to them. Both of parts on the business plan can be said as the core of the business. Especially, the first paragraph is the key to attract readers. Therefore, if I can make a good opening paragraph that can clarify the business in a short message, I can pitch my business plan to investors more easily.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

It’s actually a great and helpful piece of information. I am happy that you shared this helpful information with us. Please stay us informed like this. Thank you for sharing.




Oklahoma venture capital

Post a Comment